What is mixed Learning?
Mixed learning is alluded as “the blending of various learning conditions.” [Wikipedia]
Mixed learning isn’t like conventional distance learning or the customary homeroom learning, yet it very well may be alluded as the combination of both distance and study hall learning. Mixed learning incorporates the Computer Aided Learning for example E-learning or Online Learning and Mobile Learning. learning management system
With the assistance of PCs, web and cell phones mixed learning cuts the topographical hindrances and this is perhaps the main highlights of mixed learning. The substance utilized for internet learning known as e-content is normally exceptionally intuitive and drawing in and accordingly more successful.
Mixed Learning is likewise utilized for corporate trainings. Enormous association enlist coaches who encourage them in a conventional way utilizing PC supported devices and furthermore help them getting hands on training. In the interim the investigation materials (can be digital books) are transferred on the organization entrance and the representatives can get to it from anyplace and study it. This kind of preparing is exceptionally successful and associations do contribute a decent measure of cash on it.
The entrances utilized are essentially Learning Management System where all the information is being transferred and the understudies can get to it at whatever point they need from any piece of the globe. Indeed, even talks can be held with the virtual study hall innovation utilizing the LMS where the instructor can train the understudies situated around the planet.
Advantages of Blended Learning
• Digital Content – E-Content is intuitive and connecting with and in this manner self clarifying along these lines the preparation or learning turns out to be more compelling.
• Self Paced Learning – As the understudies can get to the substance from anyplace and at whenever, every understudy can learn at their own speed. Regardless of whether something is missed they can experience it later. Understudies can plan their learning time as indicated by themselves.
• Practice – Mixing of various climate gives a decent chance to learn and rehearse all the while and accordingly build up the expertise in them.
• Convenience – Blended learning is helpful to all. Both the educators and understudies don’t need to travel anyplace. They can work or gain from their home itself. Up close and personal cooperations are normally more than once per month.
• Cost proficient – Institutions don’t need to vigorously put resources into framework as vis-à-vis connections are just a single time or two times every month. Likewise the voyaging cost of both the instructors and understudies is saved.
Still there are numerous foundations and associations who would prefer not to change to internet preparing. Here are some details which can be a shocker for them.
1) In 2011 77% of American Corporations were utilizing internet learning (in 1995 this number was just 4%)
Source – http://info.shiftelearning.com/blog/offer/247473/18-Mind-Blowing-eLearning-Statistics-You-Need-To-Know
2) Corporate preparing alone is a $200 billion industry. eLearning addresses $56.2 billion of this. This will develop into a $107 billion market by 2015. (GIA – Global Industry Analysts)
3) The eLearning market is presently over 13 years of age (e-learning” was begat in 1998)
4) According to New Ambient Insight Report, the Asian eLearning market is required to reach $11.5 billion by 2016
5) According to IBIS Capital, a London-based speculation bank, the e-learning market is projected to develop by 23 percent among now and 2017, making it the quickest developing business sector in instruction.